Peach Cake

Since I am just in the beginning phases of starting this blog I am not sure what direction I want to take it.  Part of me wants to have this be a cooking/food blog.  I love cooking and I love food.  Another part of me wants this to be a goal blog where I keep myself accountable.  And yet another part of me wants this to be a forum where I can share all my stories and write in hopes that someday my family can look back and say, "Hey...she wasn't so bad at writing after all."  So what the heck, I think this blog post will be a little of each.  😎

I have been on and off the Trim Healthy Mama life style for the last few years.  The first two years I was on full time and lost 70 pounds.  After I lost my grandmother in 2016 I kinda fell off the wagon part of the time.  The beginning of this year I fell off of the wagon almost full time and gained back those 70 lbs and then some.  I can tell you THM works for me.  I can tell you I feel MUCH better when I am on "plan".  And as of last Monday, I am again ON PLAN.  My GOAL is to stay on plan, lose the weight, feel better and then maintain the weight loss.  Hefty but doable.

There are very few people whose names I will use on this blog but Gaga is one of them.  Gaga was in a nursing home the last few years of her life.  She had dementia and didn't eat well when she was there.  So, every Sunday we would bring her to our house for a family dinner.  She loved to come over here and help.  The first thing she would do is pick up the dish towel and dry the dishes.  I would have her stir foods, fold laundry, set the table, do crafts and watch Lawrence Welk and Guy Lombardi.  It was such a special time in our lives and one that I miss terribly.

Toward the end she was a pistol doing such things as  salt and peppering her tea, putting sugar on her cabbage and in her lamp, wrapping candy bars up in her socks and placing used paper napkins folded neatly in her shoes.  Each visit was an experience but we always made the most of it and made her know she was loved.

I always made foods that I knew she would love, that either she fixed herself in her younger days or that would remind her of her youth.  One such dessert is Peach Cake.  The whole family LOVES peach cake.  I made one today for the rest of the family.  The ingredients are not Trim Healthy Mama approved or even on their personal choice list, so I will not be indulging but the smell alone is one giant memory.   I miss my gaga everyday and making these foods for my family makes me feel closer to her.

So to make Peach Cake you are going to do the following:

Gather your ingredients.  This is a stupid-easy recipe and only calls for 3 ingredients.  1 large or 2 small cans of peaches in light syrup, 1 yellow cake mix and 1 stick butter.  You will also need a 9x13 cake pan, a pair of scissor, a small pan and a spoon.

Remember how I promised you crappy food pictures?  You aren't going to be disappointed because they really are crappy! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰)


Pour the peaches, syrup and all into the bottom of a 9x13" cake pan.


Use the pair of scissors to snip the peaches into little pieces.

When they are snipped small they your
 pan should look like this.  →

Cut a small corner off the bag of dry cake mix and sprinkle it onto the peaches.

It will look like this when the dry cake mix is spread evenly on the peaches.→

Melt your butter over a low flame in a small sauce pan.  Then with the spoon, drizzle the melted butter on the cake mix.

It will look something like this.  →
Sometimes I take the back of the spoon and spread the butter out more.  Sometimes I don't.  This time I didn't.







Bake in a preheated 350ΒΊ oven for 55-55 minutes or until brown and bubbly.  The aroma will kill you it smells so good.








Serve it up with ice cream or whipped cream or just by itself.  I beg you to try this cake soon.  It is scrumpdilliumptious!


Peach Cake    Click here for printable recipe

1 large or 2 small cans peaches in light syrup
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter melted


Pre-heat the oven to 350ΒΊ.  
Pour the peach with syrup into a 9x13 pan. 
Sprinkle the cake mix over the peaches making it as even as possible. 
Drizzle the melted butter on the cake mix covering as much as possible. 
Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-55 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

So there you have it...Goal, Story (well really background information) and Recipe all the makings of Journey Soup.


“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.”


πŸ’œπŸ’œ
Simply Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS)

Merry Christmas

I Am 50