Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!  I hope each of you had an absolutely terrific and blessed day.  I did!  It wasn't exactly what I had planned but then when do all my plans really work out??

For Christmas Eve we had our traditional meal of meatloaf, red cabbage, mashed potatoes, sourdough bread and butter.  We had chocolate chip cookies and eggnog for dessert.  This year we added in sparkling grape juice because my daughter won it in a white elephant game the night before.  It was a perfect meal that we all enjoyed!  



Christmas Morning started off slow with 3 of the household members sleeping in.  I started my day with R2D2 Coffee in my new A Christmas Story mug.  That mug held almost all of the glorious coffee that this french press made.



My middling and I worked in the kitchen and got some of the appetizers for the day knocked out.  About 10 the rest of the house woke up and we got to business.  We made our annual Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls and fruit platter. (the oldest got to the apples before I got to take the picture!)



We then opened presents.  You know, as much fun as it was to watch the kids get excited over presents when they were younger I believe it is even more fun now to see the kids get excited over giving presents.  All three children are so very generous in their own ways.  It really showed in the thought they gave to the presents they gave to us and each other this year.  We truly are blessed.



Our Christmas appetizers were way too many, just like always.  We had BLT Dip, Guac ad Hoc, shrimp and homemade cocktail sauce, veggies and dip, little smokies and BBQ sauce, spinach and artichoke dip, jalapeno cheese crisps, deviled eggs, queso, crackers, cheese, salami and several sweets that we were given.  We didn't even put a dent in all this...needless to say we have plenty of leftovers for the week!

The rest of the day we just hung out.  We watched a little tv, played some video games and relaxed.  Toward the end of the day we all indulged in a glass of Baileys and creme.  After all was said and done our oldest left to go home at 5 and the rest of us were in bed and asleep by 9:00.  It was a pretty great ending to a pretty great day.

  

  Goals, Stories and Recipes - the tools needed to Navigate Noodles.

Quote of the day:
Image result for charlie brown christmas quote

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
Simply Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS)

Morning Chocolate Craving

I Am 50