Pizza Salad

I love pizza!  I really love the deep dish crunchy, buttery crust and the thin and crispy crust and the hand tossed chewy crust.  OK, I love the crust.  However, since following the THM lifestyle I have limited my crust intake.  I do on occasion, sink my teeth into a decadent piece of chewy, crispy crust but for the most part I pass and just eat the toppings.  I like toppings but I really love crust.

Yep, I have tried the cauliflower crust, the Fat Head crust and the cream cheese crust.  In my opinion, the cauliflower crust is way too much work for what it is.  The fat head dough is pretty awesome but I like to use that for bagels or rolls and not pizza crust in which you put more cheese on.  The cream cheese crust is really good for things such as taco casserole. THM has a really good crust called Perfect Crust (pg 211 of the THM cookbook) that I sometimes make.  It comes out crispy and very pizza like.  It is also very simple.  

Then there are those nights when I don't want to cook, the hubster doesn't want to cook and we are hungry.  Insert Dominoes.  Dominoes isn't our favorite pizza by any means but at only $7.99 for a 3 topping we can't beat it.  Last Friday was one of those Dominoes nights.  He came home with 1 sausage, pepperoni and onion pizza and 1 sausage, onion and roasted red pepper pizza.  They smelled divine.

Trying hard to stay on plan, I opted to not eat the crust but instead made myself a pizza salad.  This is not a new concept to anyone who is leading the THM lifestyle.  It is just one of those things you do to try and eat healthy...and it is actually really good.  

Being as there were 6 pieces of leftover pizza, I sent three to work with the hubster and brought pizza salad to work for my lunch.  Can't get any better or simple than that.  

                                                               Pizza Salad


Except for the lettuce and pizza toppings, the ingredients are all optional.  
Build it so you like it.


toppings from pizza (I find I like sausage with vegetables the best but to each there own)
lettuces
ranch
hot sauce
nutritional yeast
Parmesan cheese
blendtons (pg 476 THM cookbook)
dressing of choice
red pepper flakes

Chop up the leafy greens and put them into a bowl.  
Take a fork and remove the toppings from 3 pieces of pizza.  (Give the pizza bones to your dog.)  Chop up the toppings into bite size pieces and put on top of lettuce greens.
Pour desired amount of dressing on top of pizza.  Also dab with hot sauce if wanted.
Sprinkle on nutritional yeast, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and blendtons.
Mix altogether and enjoy!

The salad in the above crappy food picture has 1 head romaine lettuce, 2 handfuls of spring mix, 1 handful of spinach, the toppings from 3 pieces of sausage, onion and red pepper pizza, 3 TBS Fuel Pull Ranch from page 527 of Trim Healthy Table, several dashes of hot sauce, 2 tbs parm cheese from the can and 2 tbs nutritional yeast.  It was delicious and filling!


There it is...Goals, Stories and Recipes - the tools needed to Navigate Noodles

"Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself."
~Bill Murray~

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
Simply Me





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS)

Merry Christmas

I Am 50