Morning Chocolate Craving

Sometimes I just feel like having chocolate.  There is no rhyme or reason, chocolate just sounds good.  Unfortunately, I can't blame my love of chocolate on my mother like I did all things grape.  Well, I can but not for depriving me of chocolate...more for giving me chocolate!  My favorite chocolate thing ever is Chocolate Flavored Pudding Cake.  My mom would make one of those and she and I would finish it off in a night and a day.  My dad's favorite flavor was lemon flavored pudding cake.  I didn't learn to appreciate that flavor until later in life.  However, I still have my love of chocolate. 

I have tried several "low carb" chocolate foods.  Sadly, most are pretty terrible in my opinion.  Just being real.  But, there are some that I can pallet and a very few that I really like.  Breakfast this morning were my two favorite low carb chocolate favorites.  First off is Briana's Superfood Brownie Single.  It is made with okra of all things.  But it so gooey and chocolaty and doesn't taste like okra in the least (again in my opinion).  It is also made with coconut oil and that flavor makes it doubly good.  I follow Briana's recipe to a "T" except for the baking powder.  I use a little bit of lemon juice and a pinch of baking soda instead.  


In my Groot mug is a bullet proof coffee.  This particular one is chocolate orange.  However, I also love chocolate raspberry, chocolate almond and just plain chocolate. I am not in love with plain bullet proof coffee though...it definitely needs a flavor. My recipe for chocolate orange is below.


Chocolate Orange Bullet Proof Coffee


1 1/2 cups coffee

1 tbs Kerry Gold butter
1 tbs coconut oil
2-3 tsp Pyure
1/2 tsp orange extract (use the flavoring of your choice)
1/4 tsp sunflower lecithin
2 tbs collagen

I just put them all in my Ninja Bullet and whir.  Since this is hot I whir for about 10 seconds, open the lid and vent, recap, whir for another 10 seconds, open the lid and vent, recap and whir for another 10 seconds.  Works perfect.  PLEASE use precautions when blending hot foods.


This meal really satisfied my chocolate craving this morning.  And I am so full.  The fiber in the brownie and the protein in the collagen will keep me full for most of the morning.


Goals, Stories and Recipes - the tools needed to Navigate Noodles.

Quote of the day:
"Put 'Eat Chocolate' at the top of your of your list of things to do today, 
at least you'll get one thing done."
~~Anonymous~~

🖤🖤

Simply Me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS)

I Am 50